Sunday, 30 August 2009

Two EWTD Myths Exploded

Sorry I've got to go home, it's 1 minute after 5 and if I stay then we'll both be in trouble from HR and I won't be indemnified.
First, the reference period for the EWTD is 26 weeks. The hours must balance during that period rather than on a day to day basis. Second, if one extra minute is worked today then compensatory rest is due. The worker can have a minute back as soon as is practical. Third trainees remain indemnified. The Junior Doctors Committee has discussed this matter with the NHS Litigation Authority and they have confirmed that indemnity cover is of course provided.

OK that was three myths so you got one extra for free.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely correct! Even more flexibility is available using the individual opt-out of the working hours, plus non-resident on-call for less arduous on-call rotas... see RotaGeek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've added a link, looks useful. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Lettersandcirculars/Dearcolleagueletters/DH_104674

    ReplyDelete

Remember no defamation or slander!